Thomson Reuters decided to relocate its Philadelphia operations and chose Structure Tone to manage construction. Having worked with Thomson Reuters throughout the Northeast, our team understood their expectations for the 123,000sf LEED Certified office, which consisted of:
- offices and open workstations
- conference and training rooms with state-of-the-art audio/visual capabilities
- server room
Built on one floor in an occupied building, a detailed action plan was required. The project was divided into four phases with sequenced construction start dates for each trade. Working multiple shifts and weekends, the project team met the fast-track, four month schedule.
Our team worked closely with building management to reduce construction impact on other tenants. Communication kept the project on schedule and there was no interruption of service to the CBS television network, also located in the building.
Focus on Sustainability Goals
A testament to the team’s sustainability commitment was the waste management plan. We diverted 96% of the construction waste from landfills, as well as sorted and recycled over 85-tons of materials daily. Other sustainable aspects included:
- daylighting/glass walls
- use of local manufacturers
- low VOC finishes, adhesives and carpet tiles
- indoor air quality plan
- recycled materials including glass, drywall, hollow and metal doors, carpet tiles and ceramic tiles